Vacancies do not continually arise at Lincoln Agritech, however, occasionally there are openings for support staff or scientific researchers with specific expertise. The roles and job descriptions are often advertised online and on our website. Applications involve forwarding a covering letter, curriculum vitae and a completed application form (that can be downloaded here). You are welcome to send additional supporting material with your application.
We welcome your enquiries and are happy to discuss opportunities for potential positions that may become available. All personal details will be kept strictly confidential.
Electromagnetic Sensing Team Leader
We seek a senior scientist to join our Sensing and Biotechnology Group, to lead our Electromagnetic Sensing team and provide scientific expertise. In this role you will lead projects, conduct quality research and development of scientific technologies for clients, and lead a small team of research scientists and technicians
Our ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Leading a team, providing positive and supportive leadership.
- Initiating new ideas for research projects and actively seeking funding to support them.
- Contributing to science and business plans, and managing budgets.
- Actively building and maintaining informative and collaborative relationships with relevant research agencies, funders, public authorities, research organisations, and new stakeholders.
- Managing and monitoring the outcomes of research from the projects, evaluating outcomes against set objectives, setting standards and establishing timely control and reporting mechanisms for all research activities.
- Maintain good records of project activities, correspondence and expenditure, and complete all company administrative requirements accurately and on time.
- Providing public presentations / speeches at conferences and seminars; and publishing research findings in appropriate journals and industry publications.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD in Electronics, Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- Project management qualification, training or experience.
- At least 10 years’ proven and applicable scientific technologies experience.
- Experience leading a small internal team or project team.
- Experience reporting to and working with funders and clients; experience with NZ’s funding system e.g. MBIE, MPI would be advantageous.
- Experience in experimental design and execution.
- Proven track record in the execution of research, collaboration, publications and other technology transfer.
- Skilled in electromagnetic wave theory; guided and unguided propagation, scattering and in static field theory.
- Experience in the use of Matlab and similar packages enabling modelling of the above features of fields and waves.
- Ability to formulate and code basic electromagnetic fields, waves and responses in high level languages such as C++ and Python, using a style that results in well-documented and structured code.
- Has a general and practical understanding of measurement techniques, underpinned by a solid understanding of associated mathematical and statistical methods for modelling, analysis and measurement errors.
Lincoln Agritech Limited (LAL) is a leading edge, independent research and development (R&D) company with a wide variety of industrial, agritech and environmental projects (www.lincolnagritech.co.nz). Lincoln Agritech employs around 70 staff, including scientists, research engineers and software developers. We are successful, we are nimble, and we punch above our weight. We have doubled in size over the past ten years.
Lincoln Agritech is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lincoln University (New Zealand) with its head office based on campus at Lincoln, near Christchurch and a North Island office based at the Ruakura Research Centre in Hamilton.
The full position description for this position is available from our careers website - here.
To apply please click on the `Apply Now’ button and submit your current CV and cover letter. Applications close 5pm, 23rd May 2021.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, you can contact Kirsty Macdonald, HR Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0064 3 325 3746.